Flu Season - Adults
Public Health - Winter Flu vaccination, Who should have it and Why
Each year we hold Saturday flu clinics to provide easy access to those patients who are eligible for free influenza vaccinations. This year these were on the 16th and 30th September. If possible we like to vaccinate most people during these sessions, however if you did not make one of these dates please make an appointment with a member of the nursing team. Eligible patients will receive an invite letter from us (and a text message reminder if we have your mobile telephone number). You are eligible if you:
- are 65 years of age by the 31st March 2018 i.e. born on or before 31st March 1953
- are pregnant
- if you are a carer i.e. if you look after an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- If you are seriously overweight i.e. BMI of 40 or above *NEW criteria for this year*
- have a chronic respiratory condition e.g. asthma (and require constant/frequent use of a steroid), COPD, emphysema
- have chronic heart disease
- have Diabetes which requires medication (not diet controlled)
- have chronic kidney disease
- have liver disease e.g. Cirrhosis
- have a problem with your spleen e.g. sickle cell, or your spleen removed
- have a supressed immune system e.g. on chemotherapy, HIV, on regular steroids
Flu Season - Children
We will vaccinate children in separate clinics, outside of the Saturday dates above. Supply of the nasal vaccination given to children is centrally supplied to us and distributed to each practice in small quantities to avoid over-stocking and therefore potential waste. We are now able to order this vaccine and the invite letters have gone out for children (2 and 3 year olds) and/or those at risk due to certain medical conditions to be vaccinated at the surgery by letter.
Schools are also provided with the vaccine and many children will be offered the vaccination through their school.
Please see this Public Health leaflet for full information.
So far in 2017 we have lost on average 93 GP appointments per month through patient DNAs
Please click here for further information
Online Access Services
We have updated our online services, please visit our "online access services" page to find out more or click here.
Current Consultations in the CCG
Please click here to be redirected to the 'consultation' page on the CCG website
Summary Care Record
The practice has scheduled the upload of Summary Care Records for ALL patients to take place on Tuesday 10th March 2015. To find out more information or opt out of this automatic upload please see our 'summary care record' page or click here