Our Partners are seeking your views on proposed changes as we start to trial the new arrangements from 21st January 2020. We aim to finalise those arrangements from the end of March 2020. The key proposals for appointment arrangements are:
- We have recently added to our clinical team to include additional clinical expertise which includes Advanced Nurse Practitioners (ANPs), Extended Care Practitioners (ECPs) and in-practice Pharmacists, known collectively as the Allied Health Professionals (AHPs).
- The ANPs and ECPs can PRESCRIBE and see a wide range of health issues (except mental health concerns, matters relating to male urology problems or if you think you may need a rectal examination).
- We would encourage all patients to utilise these clinicians to ensure the GPs are available to those that need them most. If you have medication related queries please ask to speak to Jody, our in-house Pharmacist.
- Same day and pre-bookable appointments will be available for the AHP team
- All GP appointments will be available to book in advance and on the day requests for a GP will be assessed on a case by case basis
- To ensure patients receive the best clinical care, patients who need to see a GP after being seen by one of our extended clinical team members will automatically be able to do so, normally the same day and within an hour.
- We will continue to provide a wide range of methods to allow patients to book appointments. This will include at reception, by telephone and self-booking of appointments online. The practice’s online booking facilities will be available 24/7.
- We will continue to provide face to face consultations as well as consultation by telephone, home visits, and in the future, will offer video consultations over smartphone, tablet or computer.
- We also have available, additional extended hours bookable appointments at Cornford house (Cherry Hinton Rd) on Monday and Friday evenings and at Nuffield Road on Wednesday and Friday evenings and Saturday and Sunday mornings.
These changes we hope will improve the way we serve our patients and will better use all our clinical resources. We would welcome your views on these as the trial progresses.If you would like to give us your feedback you can do so by:
- our online feedback form, click here
- informing reception (who are logging all feedback)
- completing a comment card in the practice
As you may be aware we set in place a temporary half day closure on a Wednesday at Brookfields (our quieter site on the quietest day of the week); we would like to propose we focus all our resources at Cherry Hinton every Wednesday meaning Brookfields will be closed on that day, every week. All patients will be able to have face to face appointments at Cherry Hinton or telephone consultations if more convenient. We have proposed this option as we feel this is the best way we can manage clinical resources and still provide good care for our patients. While we have received no negative feedback from our patients about the half day closure we would very much like your views on this prior to commencing a trial of a full day closure in March. Again, we would really appreciate your feedback via the methods I have mentioned above.