Self Referral

Did you know there are some services that you can seek assistance from without a GP referring you?


If you have a musculoskeletal problem you can seek help without coming to your GP; please click here to view a short flow chart to check if the self-referral route is appropriate for you.

You can also view the self help leaflets and videos  by clicking on the appropriate area of the body here

If you are over the age of 18 years you can refer yourself for telephone assessment to NHS Physio Advice Line (Dynamic Health) by telephone or completion of a referral form if you prefer.  Please click here to visit their website for further information and the self referral form if you choose to use this, rather than just telephone.

A senior Chartered Physiotherapist will be available to take your call Monday to Friday 1-5pm, please call 0300 555 0210. Please be aware telephone assessments take on average 20 minutes.

Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS)

Minor Eye Condition Service - Self Referral Leaflet

The MEC service treats conditions which do not necessarily need specialist hospital examinations, in convenient locations for the patient, and is carried out by specially trained Optometrists. You may contact the participating Optometry Practice of your choice and they will offer you their earliest MEC appointment, which will be within a week of you contacting them or they will direct you to another participating Practice.

Conditions that can be seen under within the service include:

  • acute* red eyes
  • acute* irritated or inflamed eyes
  • sticky discharge or acute* watery eyes
  • in-growing eyelashes
  • foreign bodies in the eye – urgent conditions will be redirected to A&E if treatment is required in under 24 hours
  • recently occurring flashes or floaters.

*An acute condition is one with a sudden onset. If you have had the condition for many weeks and months it is called a chronic condition and you should discuss this with your regular optometrist or GP, in the first instance.

For details about where to go, and how to book an appointment please click here

Sexual health

iCash offers information, advice, screening and treatment for sexual health, such as sexually transmitted infections (STI's), pregnancy and termination advice, and onward referral to antenatal and termination services. Anyone can self refer to the service, regardless of age or gender, please click here for further information.

Psychological Well Being

This service provides help to people aged 17 and over who are experiencing common mental health problems such as depression and anxiety disorders, including: generalised anxiety disorder (GAD); social anxiety; post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); health anxiety; panic; phobias and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). However, you do not need a diagnosis to access the service and we also see people with problems such as stress, low confidence, sleep disturbance and self-esteem issues. There is no upper age limit for people accessing our service.

T: 0300 300 0055
Phone lines are operational:
9am-4pm, Monday to Friday (closed Bank Holidays)


Please note, CPFT Psychological Wellbeing Service is not a crisis or emergency service and cannot provide an urgent response. If you are in a mental health crisis, contact our First Response Service on 111 and select option 2.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website